One of the fashionable diets this year is considered a therapeutic diet, or as it is commonly called TLC (Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes) – diet. Thanks to this nutrition system, blood cholesterol levels are normalized, weight is reduced and the general condition of the body improves. Specialists of the American Heart Association have developed this program. At the heart of the diet is a sharp decrease in the diet of fats, which leads to an increase in the level of “bad” cholesterol. If you set a goal to lower cholesterol, then your diet should contain 2500 kcal for men, 1800 for women. If your goal is weight loss, calorie intake for men should not exceed 1600 kcal, and for women – 1200. The duration of the diet depends on the goals, although in general, after cure, you should stick to it all your life. In a month you can lose from 4 to 5 kg.
The main principles of the TLC diet:
- a complete rejection of sugary drinks;
- complete rejection of alcohol;
- the amount of saturated fat should be 7% of the total calorie content;
- allowed to eat 140 g of lean meat, chicken or fish per day;
- you need to drink drinking water with lemon during the day between meals
- eat more fruits and vegetables
- eat low-fat dairy foods
- use vegetable oils with unsaturated fats
- refuse baking and sweets
The creators of the TLC diet recommend creating a nutrition plan in this ratio of nutrients:
- monounsaturated fats – up to 20%
- polyunsaturated fats – up to 10%
- protein (protein) – about 15%
- saturated fats – up to 7%
- carbohydrates – up to 50%
- cholesterol – not more than 200 mg per day
- soluble fiber – 5 – 10 g per day.
Sample TLC diet menu.
Breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee with milk.
Lunch: vegetable salad, chicken breast sandwich, apple.
Lunch: rice (preferably wild), boiled vegetables, fruit salad with yogurt.
Dinner: vegetable salad, boiled fish, juice, fruits.
Breakfast: 1 cup fat-free yogurt, 1 tsp. flaxseed and chia seeds, 1 slice of wholemeal bread cooked in a toaster and spread with 1 tsp. low-fat cheese and honey, tea without sugar, 1 tsp. honey.
Second breakfast: 1 orange.
Lunch: 1 cup of mashed potatoes or bean soup (lentils, beans, beans, etc.), a salad of fresh vegetables, 1 apple.
Dinner: 1/2 cup boiled brown rice, 1 serving of vegetable salad, grilled fish.